Calmbirth® is the only childbirth education program that requires all its educators to be practising midwives or trained birth professionals
I have over 20 years experience as a Childbirth Educator and Yoga Teacher running childbirth education classes in Brisbane. I have a Bachelor of Arts (Psychology), Postgraduate Degree in Psychology from Queensland University and am a Registered Calmbirth® Educator since 2010. I am the founder of Yogababy, a specialised pregnancy and postnatal yoga school based in Brisbane. Using the awareness gained through the practice of breathing and relaxation, I birthed my two children with love and calmness. Since their births, I have studied with many renowned international and local teachers in the areas of birth, yoga and healing developing her own inspiring body/mind centred childbirth classes. I am dedicated to providing the best possible childbirth education programme available to couples today.
I believe the Calmbirth® course with its emphasis on breathing, relaxation and creative visualisation is an ideal practice for couples to learn how to birth without fear and tension creating the best environment for a child to be born within. I am very happy to be teaching the Calmbirth® course to couples in Brisbane.
- Bachelor of Arts, Postgraduate Diploma of Psychology, UQ
- Diploma of Transpersonal Psychology and Therapy, WA
- Diploma of Yoga for Pregnancy and Active Birth, QLD
- Advanced Childbirth EducatorNational Association of Childbirth Educators Member, AUS
- Senior Yoga teacher, Yoga Australia
- Registered Calmbirth Practitioner