Breastfeeding or sleep problems?
Calmbirth is working together with the Possums Clinic to provide families with the latest and evidence based information, services and support they need once they bring their babies home. Parents with babies in the first year of life are now able to receive support for breastfeeding and sleep in an online group setting.
The Possums Clinic Online is commencing VIRTUAL Shared Medical Appointments, small group sessions that are bulk-billed for parents seeking our support during the COVID-19 crisis. To book in or for more information, go to www.possumsclinic.com/SMA/
Parents with babies in the first year of life are now able to receive support for breastfeeding and sleep in an online group setting. Both the parent and baby need to be registered with Medicare Australia. Click here to book in, or to find out more.
We will use Zoom to run two shared medical appointments for a group of up to 6 families each week. We address breastfeeding over two group sessions one week, and sleep over two group sessions the next week. Families need to book in and commit to both sessions in that one week.
Book into “breastfeeding week”to attend Tuesday AND Thursday 11:30-1pm.
- For women in the first few days and weeks of life establishing breastfeeding, through to those women looking to wean.
- We cover all issues associated with breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding (whether formula or breastmilk).
- We ask that only you are in the room during the V-SMA. The capacity to move your own camera may be useful for us as you breastfeed.
- We do request that you leave your video on throughout the V-SMA so that you are visible.
- Set up on a couch that gives you plenty of room on either side (so that you and the baby are not constrained by chair-arms), with a low footstool the height of a toddler’s toilet training stepstool for your feet. You will also need one or two firm cushions.
- We will ask you to give verbal consent to the attached privacy declaration on commencement of the V-SMA. By booking to participate, we expect that you are agreeing to give consent.
Book in to “sleep week”to attend Tuesday AND Thursday 11:30-1pm.
- For parents who may be experiencing unmanageable patterns with their babies’ sleep.
- We will cover The Possums Sleep Program across the 2 days – an evidence-based approach to baby sleep that is NOT sleep training and which doesn’t require babies to cry.
These groups are ’Virtual Programmed Shared Medical Appointments’ (V-SMAs). The Possums Clinic Online is part of a collaboration with Professor Garry Egger and Associate John Stevens of the Lifestyle Medicine Society, and the other teams delivering and evaluating V-SMAs in Australia, and we are actively engaged in the international SMA movement. The Possums Clinic Online and our NDC accredited practitioners uniquely provide V-SMAs in evidence-based care of breastfeeding and sleep problems.