Calmbirth® is the only childbirth education program that requires all its educators to be practising midwives or trained birth professionals
ALL COURSES ARE NOW FULLY BOOKED!
Calmbirth and the Auckland City Hospital would like to thank all the pregnant couples that participated in this pilot study and thank them for their support in helping us normalise birth. We will keep you posted when the results of the pilot study are published.
Calmbirth classes – free of charge!
From September 2020 to June 2021 Calmbirth will be running classes for Auckland District Health Board at no cost to you. This pilot project is part of an initiative to create opportunities for normal birth at Auckland City Hospital.
Classes are face to face over a weekend (12 hours in total) and midweek via Zoom. We are happy to offer this fantastic opportunity. Book now, places are limited.
Do I meet the criteria?
- I live in Auckland DHB catchment area
- I have chosen to birth my baby at Auckland City Hospital
- I am committed to completing the 12 hours course and practising the techniques (important for maximising effectiveness)
- I agree to take part in the online evaluation and am happy to be contacted after birth to share feedback on my experience (this will just be a very small random sample).
Anyone birthing at Auckland Hospital can register their interest. Priority will be given to:
- women having their first baby and planning a normal birth or planning a normal birth after caesarean;
- women who are particularly anxious about labour and birth;
- women who are engaged in Auckland DHB’s Pregnancy and Parenting program.
When are the classes:
Classes start in September, 2020. Registrations are open now!
When should I attend?
You can register at any time, but the best time to attend the class is between 32 to 34 weeks gestation.