My name is Amy. I’m a registered Nurse, Midwife, Maternal and Child Health Nurse, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) and now a Calmbirth Educator.
Becoming a Calmbirth Educator feels like I am returning to the genuine roots of midwifery, coming full circle back to pregnancy care – educating and empowering woman, partners and support people in preparation for their upcoming labour and birth. Continuing my professional development and educating others has always been a passion and joy of mine. If I had not been accepted into nursing at university, my next career preference was teaching! I am so glad nursing chose me
My vision as a childbirth educator is to be a small yet imperative part of the journey to meeting your baby and becoming a family.
More than ever, I want to educate and empower women and their partners. Enabling them to begin their transition to parenthood feeling confident, empowered and transformed.
I am a mother of two beautiful girls aged 2.5 years and 5 months. My transition to motherhood changed me and changed me again after having my second baby. My girls have taught me more about myself in a mere few years than many years otherwise being an adult. They challenge and inspire me in who I want to be as their mother, as a woman and as a person in this world.
Some fun facts about me:
- I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding since late 2018
- I could easily live without a TV. Instead, I love to read
- I was proposed to in Central Park, New York
- My pregnancy care provider was an Obstetrician in a private hospital
- I see my beautiful parents probably 3 times a week
- I didn’t find out the gender of my babies
- I met my husband on a dance floor at a nightclub
- Both my girls were born after their estimated due date
- My favourite country visited is Japan
- Becoming a mother has changed how I now practice as a healthcare professional
Get to know me more by clicking the link in my Bio or send me a DM
Thank you to my gorgeous friend 📷 @daniflaniganphotography